The 1st ever 360 Olympics was held 2 weeks ago, on April 13, with team Makati enjoying home court advantage. We last had a similar event back in our first year of existence (2011) where we held an outdoor circuit race in Ultra. This time, we wanted to give our members a chance to showcase their strength, power, speed, endurance, and yes, even balance and coordination. We wanted to have a holistic contest where everyone will be able to participate and call themselves 360 athletes.
We couldn’t have been happier with the turn-out. All 3 branches were represented well in all the 8 events. In fact, the winning branch was decided only with the last event. At the end of the day, team Ortigas reigned supreme. I’m proud of all the branches and how everyone competed. More so, I’m proud of our coaches who didn’t care what branches they represented, they were there to support ALL 360 athletes.
The 8 events were:
1. Burpee Challenge (endurance)
2. Body Balance Challenge (Balance, Flexibility and Stability)
3. Dead lift Challenge (Strength and Power)
4. Kettle bell Pentathlon (arguably the toughest one, take a pick between endurance, strength, power, speed, work capacity. These guys and girls were wild)
5. Jungle gym Challenge (strength and endurance)
6. Battle Ropes Challenge (endurance and speed)
7. Body Jam Challenge (Flexibility and Coordination)
8. Circuit Challenge (again, take your pick)
I hope everyone had as much fun as we coaches did. Watch out for the second 360 Olympics which will have more events, more prizes and maybe even more branches