In the high pressure business of private banking, sometimes people resort to night outs to lessen the stress. For Ravel, he went the healthy way, by immersing himself in the world of triathlons. Ranvel is currently preparing for the Cebu Ironman, no small task at all, and he understood that and started to prepare seriously for it. That included watching what he ate and getting a lot of activity in.
The results are staggering. 30 pounds in 30 days. You read that right, 30 pounds in 30 days. I don’t normally promote such a huge change so fast, because more often that not, you end up gaining it back and more when you’re done with your program. However, if you are the type of person who is as determined as Ranvel, then good for you. The trick is finding your inspiration. His was his mom, who is also doing the same program at 62. Here’s his story.
1. What was the moment when you realized that you had to start working out or being physically active? What was your weight then and health state?
When my tummy was too big already. When my mom wanted to lose weight and said she would only do it if I did, so her and I both will never be worried abut both our health, we started monday right after the weekend discussion. We both used our concerns to motivate each other.
2. Describe the first few days and weeks of your exercise and/or diet programming. Did you have a hard time adjusting or was it easy? If it was hard, how did you get through it?
1st week was really hard. Till today I still haven’t had a single drop of alcohol nor sweets. And people know how much I love chocolates!!! I got through it coz my mom at 62 was doing the same thing so I had to make my will strong. I didn’t go out and at night slept early.
3. Describe your current diet or eating habits and/or exercise program. Is it difficult to maintain?
I STILL EAT ANY MEAT AND HAVE RICE BUT EVERYTHING IS COOKED CLEAN AND IN PORTION =) 3 MEALS AND 2 SNACKS. Work out 3x a week in 360 Fitnss Plus BGC and swim 2k 4x a week =) Run 5K 3x a WEEK
4. What’s your current weight now? How do you feel about your physical fitness and health now compare to before?
Im now 30 lbs lighter in 30 days. I go 360 BGC 3x a week and swim 4x a week. Not difficult to maintain as long as you don’t tempt yourself. Eyes on the prize.
5. What’s the best thing about being fit and healthy?
You look great and feel great . Climbing up stairs and tying shoelaces does not give me any shortness of breath anymore. Oh! And Bianca (his lovely wife) said I dont snore anymore =)
6. Do you have any tips for people who are about to start exercising or fixing their eating habits?
Just do it! Get motivated. Use your family or simply yourself as motivation. Find friends like slick and sam and tony who push you to your goals and help you find alternative snacks and restaurants to eat in =)
Got any Fitspiration stories that you want to share with us? Email us at email@example.com and we just might feature it here in the site.
Disclaimer: This feature is not meant to promote any product, diet, or exercise program. It is to promote healthy and active living as well as healthy choices. All products mentioned are the choices made by the people featured and do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog.